Friday, July 9, 2010

Comin down on a sunny day....

Flycatcher, Catbird or Mocking Bird?



Okay, it's hot here; dang hot. Been over 100 for a few days and no rain in over a week... my garden is complaining, I'm complaining and the poor birds have been silent, that is until I turned on the water hose. I have tried to keep the bird bath full for the past week and it just hasn't worked, so I did them a favor today and well they repaid me ten times over.



Look close! He's on the bottom left side... An American Goldfinch.



The beautiful music they played while playing in the sprinkle was wonderful; and they all got along. Even the Mocking Bird didn't try to run anyone off.



Here he is again...


 So in honor of my CCR days... ( do you ever stop loving CCR?)

Someone told me long ago
There’s a calm before the storm,
I know
It’s been coming for some time.


When it’s over, so they say,
It’ll rain a sunny day,
I know
Shinin down like water.

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
Comin down on a sunny day



 Cardinal....First he tried a shower in the tree.

 


Then he moved down lower to the bird bath.


Finally he took on the mud puddle and nearly drowned himself....


before flying away.


No comments: