Sunday, March 14, 2010

Friday Shoot Out - Wrought Iron







Some of my favorite places are full of wrought iron fences, peaceful gardens and ghosts of days and people who have passed on... St. Augustine Florida, Savannah Georgia and right here near home of course Charleston South Carolina... everywhere you turn there is a new style of fence that says keep out, but please look!


I grew up in rural Florida and Alabama but back home in Bama I had many family members who worked in either iron works or coal and many, many trips home we would pass by the Vulcan who stands guard over Birmingham... he is now at home in a beautiful park and he is the largest iron statue in the world!


This photo was taken in Charleston, SC last August when the girls and I escaped to Charleston for Becki's birthday.



5 comments:

GingerV said...

the commentary is interesting but the photos didn't open, can you put them in again?

Sunshine said...

I have seen the Vulcan in Birmingham. It seems as if you enjoy some of my favorite places.

Camella Black said...

Sunshine, how nice... I used to love seeing the Vulcan as I knew we were almost home...

Chef E said...

I agree, I love the thought of what went on when wrought iron came on the scene...people passing, conversations, tears, hearts beating for others...on and on!

Unknown said...

cute shot! I like it!!